Sunday, December 20, 2009

For my "Oh so kind" seventh graders

Today in our Connections class we celebrated the birth of Christ. Remember that we thought about what we would give Jesus for His birthday. We all wrote something down, sealed it in an envelope and placed it under the Christmas tree. Then we drew a name of a classmate from a bucket. Your assigment is to "gift" that person by perfoming a random act of kindness and then report back here in the comments section. For example:
To: Hannah C.

Today I bought an admission ticket for the next person in line at the basketball game and asked the attendant to wish the receiver a Merry Christmas.

I cannot wait to read all the ways you have spread the kindness and love of Christ to the people around you. Be creative. Bless us all by sharing your kindness in the comments section.

Love you
Mrs. Dorman

(this idea was borrowed from a fellow blogger. If you are not one of my seventh graders and would like the link, leave a comment requesting it.)

4 comments:

hannah♥joy said...

Dear Libby,

this Christmas season I put the dishes away twice when my brother had to really do them. I also cleaned my moms room up when she was having a bad day. Merry (late!) Christmas!

Love, Hannah♥C

Libby said...

Dear Blake,

Today my brother was behind on his homework and I had just finished mine. Right as I was about to leave and go hang out, my dog "lost her lunch". It was his turn to clean it up, but because he was working I did it for him.

~Libby Johnson~

Anonymous said...

to:Mrs Dorman
from:Ben
I gave somebody at wendys $12

Lauren Murphy said...

Dear Lauren Dorn,
There is a boy in my health class at school that has some behavioral issues (as I have witnessed and heard about from fellow classmates). Recently, I've been making an effort to be kind and friendly towards him. I've also prayed that he may come to know Christ. I hope I set a good example toward my peers and I hope they see Christ's love shining through me to others. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Love, Lauren Murphy