Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Where I've been

I've not posted lately for a couple of reasons.

#1. Christmas.
I enjoyed a lovely Christmas with my family. I would have to say that it has been the most meaningful Christmas we've ever had. Jesus was the focus, rightfully so.
Not to say that we did not have presents. Oh, we had presents. First of all, shopping for seven children is a full-time job. Wrapping the gifts for seven children is another full-time job. Watching seven children open their gifts...well, that's like a full-time vacation. Pure joy!
If we were to give this Christmas a gift theme, it would have to be photography. Five of the children received digital cameras under the tree. {I got a great deal on Black Friday but that's a whole other post. Insanity!} I was so excited knowing that I would be able to borrow one of their beautiful 10.2 megapixal, red cameras. {Red is my favorite color.} As you've probably noticed I've been using a sad, little, 2.0 megapixal camera that was a hand-me-down. It has a broken battery door that will not stay closed so to operate it must have a tight rubberband wrapped around the body of the camera. Sad lil camera. BUT, what do you think my sweet husband handed me to open first thing Christmas morning. That's right! A new digital camera.
You are saved from the barage of bad pictures on my blog. Thank the hubby.
Old Camera

New camera...and, yes, it is red!



#2. My sister and I received some interested news last weekend that greatly affects our business.

A law has been passed that will make the reselling of used children's products illegal after February 10th. In order to be legal we have moved the sale date up from the end of February to February 5th - 7th. Obviously, we have had to kick it into full gear. We are very hopeful that the law will be amended and we will be able to continue with future sales, but not before the Feb 10th deadline. If you would like to know more about this law google CPSIA. You will get a ton of information. If it is not amended then it will continue to be illegal to sell children's clothes and toys on CraigsList, Ebay, at garage sales, Consignment Sales, Consignment shops, and Goodwill. This affects us all. It would be extremely helpful if you would contact your congressman and express your concern about this. In the meantime, check out our website and register to consign if interested.



3 comments:

Amy said...

I love that you took a picture of your old camera! My battery hatch was broken, too, and held together with electrical tape. :-)

Sherri said...

When I first heard about that bill, I cried! We will be praying for a reasonable amendment, and that your business/ministry can be saved! Can't wait to see all the pics with the new camera.

Shannon Dingle said...

Praying that they'll fix the bill ASAP (and writing the folks with that power to try to influence them to do just that) ... for your sake and because I hate buying stuff new if I can find it lovingly used!