Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bamboozled and Drowning


I've been bamboozled by these three rascals. They claimed to be sick this morning so I allowed them to stay home from school. Here they are in their pjs with lots of attitude.










Because I pulled a muscle in my back, I have been out of commission for the last two days. I've let things slide. Letting things slide is not a good thing when you have a family of nine, especially laundry. This is the pile of clean clothes that need to be folded and put away.





This is the pile of dirty clothes that fill my entire hallway.
Can you believe it?
TWO DAYS!
How do we produce this much in such a short time?
It's a good thing I enjoy laundry. I love that it has an end, a goal that can be accomplished. Everything smells fresh and is crisp and clean. Ahhh, the pleasures found in small things.
So...this is where I will be today and probably tomorrow. If you would like to stop by, I'll pour you a cup of hot cider and we can chat over the hum of the washing machine and dryer. Be careful, though, you may have to do some folding.
Wait a minute, I have a better idea. We'll chat and the bamboozlers can fold laundry.





3 comments:

Tracey said...

You have cute kids..even when they are overcome with sickness ;)

My theory about laundry is that it senses weakness and reproduces when things have to slide...I am fairly certain that I have washed, dried, folded, and put away clothing that I've never seen before...except for socks..I don't know where those things go.

Norma said...

You are too funny! But I took a picture of the socks. I am not about to take a picture of the laundry pile; I don't have a wide-angle lens... :-D

In Everything said...

I like how the laundry was pushed to one side of the hallway... so everyone could go on with their day and wait for mOmma to feel better:)

I wish I was better about keeping up with laundry!