Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thoughtful Gifts

Some folks just have a knack for giving extremely thoughtful gifts. Apparently I am surrounded by these folks. My family and friends have blessed me with very special gifts this Christmas. Maybe these will inspire you.



Do you love it!! I do!!

One of John's co-workers gave him this beautiful star. She made it herself out of tobacco sticks. How thoughtful! How personal! How meaningful! How beautiful!



My sweet Bible Study friend brought this by today with a huge "Merry Christmas"! This might not mean that much to you, but to me, it is like gold! She knows me. She knows how much I enjoy a cold coke...in a can...my favorite!


On a recent women's retreat, a friend introduced me to this fun game, Farkel. What a great idea; wrap up 6 dice and the instructions off the internet! She gave a perfect, thoughtful, family gift!



My sister know how much I love things that smell good. We discovered this product recently. It can only be found at Lowe's food (I think, let me know if you've seen it somewhere else) and it is a little more expensive than your typical dish soap or cleaning products. Therefore, I would not buy it on a normal shopping trip. It would only be a luxury. Well, my sweet sister, gave this thoughtful gift to me and I'm loving it.

Sometimes you have "history" with a friend. One such friend gave me this leather bound copy of a particularly meaningful devotional book. We have history bound up in this book, making it a very thoughtful gift.
Notice, that not one of these gifts would be considered expensive.
But valuable....yes!
Each one cost the giver something more valuable than money; it cost them time, energy, and a piece of their heart.
Thank you family and friends! I'm inspired to give a little bit more of myself this Christmas. What about you? Share your thoughtful gifts!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

You can get Mrs. Myers soap on QVC or HSN