Monday, December 8, 2008

The next thing.







Now that the exterior of the house is freshly painted. It's time to start on the interior.






Why do my children think it is okay to scribble on the wall?






My sister has been a mother for 8 years and told me that her 4 children have NEVER written on the wall.






ARE






YOU






KIDDING






ME?






I can't find a wall that hasn't been marked.

Maybe it is because they are artistic and the empty wall is beckoning them to fill it.

Maybe it is because they need attention, being one of so many children and all.

Maybe it is because they have too much unsupervised time.

Maybe it is because I was unable to breastfeed them.

Maybe this is their rebellion period and we are going to breeze through adolescence.


Maybe...
Maybe...
they are just children.

Children who will grow up and leave the nest one day and all my walls will be pristine and unblemished.


Maybe we don't need to be in a hurry to paint the interior of our house.


This, on the other hand, I don't even know what to say.

Do you think I should be concerned?







2 comments:

Tracey said...

You are so very funny! I personally love the wall art...just make a paper frame around it and charge people to come look at the Dorman museum of fine art..when you make your first million, you can treat me to a diet coke at McD's. As for the lovely dairy cow..no worries, he'll be mortified soon enough!

NCSCV Columbus County Volunteers said...

They are children of NCSU graduates.
You need to declare a certain wall a free-speech wall and hope they do not write anything on it that is politically incorrect according to the Hollingsworth/Dorman doctrine.
Forget the money thing for it will not make you happier. When I made my 2nd million I did not feel one bit happier than when I made the first. You should buy Tracy a diet coke anyway. (Hopefully I'm being funny).