Friday, December 12, 2008

What's the deal?

So...
I mentioned in my last post that I pulled a muscle in my back. What's the big deal? Right? Everyone pulls a muscle from time to time. But let me tell you. This one is a doozie. It will not heal and it hurts.

I can't figure it out and I'm in pain and I don't have time for such nonsense and I'm not sleeping and nobody wants to be around me when I don't get enough sleep...so...I went to the doctor. I know! for a silly pulled muscle. But this is no ordinary muscle thing.



This is what I came home with:

  • A steroid
  • A muscle relaxer
  • A narcotic pain pill
  • An anti-inflammatory

I am a little better. But after all of those you'd think I would be a lot better.

So...what's the deal?

My conclusion: This is simply a part of getting older. This earth suit is wearing out.

I look forward to my eternal body. Will heaven be great or what?

(By the way, the laundry is almost caught up. Whoo hooo!)

3 comments:

Norma said...

Is there anything else we can do to help? I'm praying.

Have you tried ice?

Have you been to a chiropractor? OK... I am a walking commercial for chiropratic adjustments, but all I can say is that I haven't had a sinus infection since my neck got straightened out. (get it... chiropractic... neck... straightened out... Ah ha ha ha!)

Love you friend! You will let us know if you need anything ... right?

Shannon Dingle said...

I have come to be thankful for the reminders in my life that this earth suit ain't home. Even on pain-free days (which haven't existed in recent memory, though it hasn't been as bad as I was this summer), I have little pills I have to take that remind me that this isn't home. But when I am in pain, it gets my attention and makes me acutely aware that I am not self-sufficient, that I was not made for this world, and that I need God - all things I need to be reminded of!

I'll echo Norma's offer to help if there's anything I can do (other than prayer, of course - already doing that!). Love you!

Sherri said...

I'll take whatever pain pills you don't use! :-)

My doctor told me no more running (my passion) or jumping (kick boxing was another fun hobby) and that having more children would make it worse. So, I'm in search of a new doctor.

I empathize with you on the back pain and pray you will heal up quickly.

Chiropractic helped me, but I had to go often to see improvement, and insurance didn't cover it.

CHRISTIAN yoga (stretching, pilates) helped alot. I am so undisciplined about finding the time to do it, though. I need a workout buddy!

I'm looking forward to the new earth and new body, too.