Sunday, November 9, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig

I'm glad to be home. I've been to the PBC women's retreat. Wow, it was great!
Here are the highlights:
Car ride with Jennifer Kennedy Dean
Lots of freetime to do what I please (I actually got to use the bathroom without little finger wiggling under the doorframe and voices yelling, "Mom, you in there?")
Delicious food that I didn't plan, cook, or clean up
Excellent teaching on "The Prayer Driven Life: Living in the Power of the Promise" (Oh boy, was I ever convicted, encouraged, challenged and inspired)
Farkle
Beautiful scenery (Have you ever been to Lake Hickory...stunning, absolutely stunning)
Creative Saturday activity
Early morning worship time at the gazebo

and

Time with precious women.

I am so thankful to be blessed with incredible friends. It was a huge blessing to spend uninterrupted time with those sweet girls. Some are long time friends (notice I didn't say old) and some were new friends. I love them all! I am thankful for friends to laugh with, friend who are willing to say the hard things, friends who cry with me and for me, friends who inspire me, friends who hold me accountable, and friends who love me even though...

3 comments:

Tracey said...

It sounds like wonderful weekend! Thanks for sharing...glad you're home!

Norma said...

Glad is was awesome! We were praying for you all. You'll have to share some of the nuggets you got from JKD's teaching.

Cathy said...

Hi Karen. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog (semihappyhomemaker)! I would love to chat with you as well! My email address is cskegley@bellsouth.net. Talk to you soon!