Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Little Things

[Remember, I am pretty good at laundry, birthing babies, applying lipstick while driving, but photography...not so much.]

I'm thankful for the little things like:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


with a cold Coke


in front of a cozy fire.



Little things like knowing that I don't have to pack six lunches in the morning because it's pizza day. These little stacks of money are all they need.






A Christmas wreath I made with my Mom.

The little things my kids say that make me laugh.

Rosebud: "Mom, Listen! Moonsand, Moonshoes, and moonscape, isn't that cool, Mom, they all have moon in them!"
Me: "mmmmm...yes, how 'bout that?"
Rosebud: "yeah.." {she walked away with a smile}

The little memories that we will share as a family.

For example, last night I left several baby photos on a side table in my bedroom. I intended to return them to the photo album when I had an extra minute. This afternoon, while tidying up a bit around the house, I picked them up and noticed that someone had drawn little moustaches on the babies with permanent ink. Hmmmm....very interesting. At dinner tonight, we held a court proceeding. I presented the evidence and asked if anyone was interested in confessing. We had lots of giggles and everyone enjoyed looking at the silly photos but no confession. Someone came forward later and fessed up. Their honesty earned them amnesty. Everyone enjoyed a funny moment.








Yep, I am thankful for the little things.
What little things are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I love that little one in the bathtub! I even know which one he/she is!! The wreath is beautiful...the coke should have been in a McD's cup ;)..and I would love to sit at your dinner table and share a conversation while eating a piece of that bread...yum! You are a precious friend...love you!

Friends said...

It's pretty cool how those uh-oh moments end up being the biggest treasures!