Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Tree







To turn our minds toward thankfulness, we have created a Thanksgiving Tree.

I used a simple poster board and traced my hand and arm and John's hand and arm to form the trunk of the tree. Each of the children added branches by tracing their hands.

Each night at dinner we add some leaves. The leaves are cut out of construction paper. Everything is simple and basic. I'm sure some of you could get even more creative and have a real masterpiece. I've learned that I can become paralyzed by perfection. I just used what I have around the house.


The children are enjoying this fun project and I'm blessed to hear their hearts.



4 comments:

Norma said...

Awwwwwwwww!!! That is just darlin! I'm afraid I'm going to have to borrow that idea. ;-D

Sherri said...

I love this idea!

anthonyandbeth said...

i love this!

Sherri said...

Our family's Thanksgiving Tree is up now. I hope you'll consider my copying of your idea to be a great compliment. Tonight our family is thankful for "Flowers, Cheese, Mommy, and God's grace".