Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ooops, I get it now!

I feel like one of those folks on the V-8 commercial. Someone should have hit me on the forehead. There is a reason why everyone doesn't use their children's real names in the blogs. I'm new to this and it shows. But I'm having so much fun.

I've edited all the previous posts and replaced real names with our beloved nicknames.
In birth order:
#1...Scooter (because all first born children in the Hollingsworth family are nicknamed Scooter, so you guessed it, my Dad calls me Scooter, too. Shhh, don't spread that around)
#2...Triple H (because my Dad accidently knocked her in the head one time and it should've hurt but didn't. He called her hard headed ____...triple H.)
#3...Banana (if you know us, its obvious)
#4...Rosebud (ditto)
#5...Bucket (I have no idea, but it's funny and he thinks it is super cool)
#6...Mojo (you have to know her)
#7...Fig (read an interesting story about Jesus calling the first disciples in John and you will figure it out)

I love November. There are many reasons including my birthday.
Thanksgiving is another.
Goal: To post everyday between now and Thankgiving with something I am thankful for.

Today I am thankful for my husband. He works so hard and is so smart. He is more than I could have dreamed of as a father. He is willing to go it alone this weekend so I can attend a women's retreat and he has not complained one time. He is very funny. (Did you know that about him?) His love language is gift giving and everyday, when he comes in from work, he brings me a Coke in a can...my favorite! My husband loves Jesus and spiritually leads our family. He can't watch someone getting a shot on tv because he is so empathetic. He has never raised his voice and is rarely angry. He loves me, even when I am unlovely. I thank the Lord for choosing him for me.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Your blog is so much fun! And what a great idea...I think I'll have the kids (and me) write down one thing every day they are thankful for...we're having some interesting character issues over here (all of us, not just the kiddos ;) )..maybe this will help!