Friday, November 21, 2008

Shine On!

I am thankful that Jesus shines through people who are willing to be lamps for Him.

Tuesday is L.A.M.B.S. day. (Ladies A.M. Bible Study)
I look forward to Tuesdays; it is a sweet, sweet time. Since there is a children's program, Fig goes too and enjoys his class.

This week, Fig and I took on all the regular Tuesday obstacles and battled our way to L.A.M.B.S. I'm telling you, there is serious spiritual warfare going on every week. But we made it, had a good morning, and headed out to the car afterward. I was battle-weary and knowing that the cupboards were bare at home and even if they were full, I didn't have the energy to make a PB&J sandwich, I pulled into the handy, dandy McD's drive-thru. I ordered a happy meal for Fig and pulled around.

"Oh, look! There's my friend Sam! Hi, Sam!" I wave and smile at Sam who is in line in front of me. I think to myself..."I love her...she's so cute and sweet". We inch our way up to the pay window and I extend my debit card to the McD employee. That sweet lady said, "Enjoy your lunch; the car in front paid for you." I couldn't believe it. What a blessing to me. Jesus was shining all over the place because of that thoughtful act of kindness.

But here's the thing. Although I enjoyed the radiance of His glory, there is a bigger story to tell. You see, when you are shining for Jesus it floods all over the place. Places where you didn't even anticipate. As much as I was blessed, the cashier at McD's was overwhelmed by the reflection. I'm glad I was there to see Jesus shine all over her, too. She's probably STILL smiling.
Shine on!
Shine on!

No comments: