Friday, November 14, 2008

Yesterday

I did not post yesterday about what I am thankful for.
So...to get caught up, I'll give a belated gratitude post.
Drumroll, please.

Ready?

Yesterday, I was thankful that I survived the day.

I wish it was inspiring or encouraging or even just hinted at positive.
Nope.
It was a tough day.
Nothing earth-shattering or catastrophic...just hard!

Do you ever have days like that?

Aren't you glad for new, fresh mornings?
Today will be better.

Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;

Lamentations3:21-25

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

so true! i had a whole week like that last week.